Case packing wrap around
This packing system consists in corrugated cardboard which is folded around the product and closed laterally through four small flaps. It is used to transport tetra-bricks of milk, juices, etc., tiles and also bottles of wine.
Its main advantages include:
- Complete automation: one single machine is enough to form, fill and close the box.
- Speed: it allows to reach an output of 40 boxes/minute
- Occupied space: less than the sum of the three machines using American box system (case former, filler and sealer).
- Installation equipment: a single machine performs the function of three different machines.
- Usage of staff: fewer workers are needed for the operation of the line.
In addition, since the carton is designed to wrap exactly the grouped products, you get a higher level of compaction; unlike the American box, which usually has a size a little bigger than the dimensions of the content, causing some instability and wasting cardboard.